Sunday, January 07, 2007

FOOTBALL!

Today is going to be a great football Sunday. Especially because I missed most of the football on Saturday and both UConn basketball teams lost, this better be a great day! The Jets play at the Patriots and then the Giants are at the Eagles.


Now, I know a Giant can rip an Eagle out of the sky and kill it, but I'm still confused when it comes to a Jet. Can a Jet kill a Patriot? I mean, is the Jet armed? Does it matter- what is a Patriot's musket going to do against a Jet?


Sorry, the above paragraph is an inside joke. But today's games do give me an excuse to post some football related stuff.

I'm a big fan of bad weather football and I hate the
domed stadiums. I know some people think wet, muddy, or even snowy conditions reduce the excitement and cause the teams to throw the passing game out the window, but what other sport continues to play in such bad conditions? I'm a huge baseball fan but they cancel some games over the threat of rain. It's part of the allure of football- they play in the elements (except in Indianapolis, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, New Orleans, St. Louis, Seattle, and kinda Dallas). In most of my memories of great games in the past, the weather was involved somehow.

Anyway, there's not much I can do about it. It's probably going to be in the 50's in both of today's games. And at least I'm not alone in wishing for a little bad weather. The sports blog
10 Cent Freeze Pops feels the same way I do.

Finally, here's my favorite football video of all time. It's a "greatest hits" video starring
Jack Lambert of the Steelers. Yeah, I know, the Steelers aren't doing anything this post season except looking for a new head coach, but this video sums up a lot of why I like football.






Oh, and one last thing: GO JETS!


No comments: