Sunday, January 14, 2007

21st Birthday

Today is my sister's 21st birthday.

How did that happen? It seems like just yesterday she was a little munchkin! Now she is in college and 21.

I remember when she was born and her face was all blotchy and her hair was sticking up all over the place. I thought to myself, "Man, I'll be 32 when she learns how to drive!"

I don't remember thinking, "I'll be 37 when she can go to the bar with me!"

Actually, when I was in my early 20's I used to take her to bars with me. I would make plans with my friends and then remember that I had babysitting duty that night. So, she would accompany me. She would always protest going to bars; I had to tell her it was a restaurant we were going to. We would get in there, she would look around and say something like, "I know this is a bar. There are no little-people here," or, "B-A-R. That spells bar. This IS a bar!"

So, I'm picking her up in a little while and we are heading to my dad's for a little party. Then, against my better judgement, we're going to have to head out for a drink.

Now, remember Mary, know when to say when. Or you might end up like this:


or this:


Happy Birthday!

No comments: