Saturday, March 17, 2007

Piano Music

I was forced to take piano lessons when I was a kid.

I mean really forced. I'm sure at some point, when I was six years old or so, I must have asked my parents if I could take piano lessons. At least that's what they always told me. But I hated it from day one.

My mom played piano. Both my brothers enjoy playing. My sister still plays all the time.

Me? My piano career came to a screeching halt when I was about 13 and my dad tore up all my piano books (they aren't cheap!) after I refused to practice one too many times. Then, I had to call my piano teacher to explain to her that I would not be coming in for any more lessons.

I still hate the sound of the piano. Listening to piano music makes me very tense and quickly gives me a headache. I know I'm not normal, but I'm serious. I can appreciate the talent that it takes to play some pieces, but I don't want to have to listen to it.

The only exception is
Victor Borge. I've always loved watching him.


Watch part 2 here. I guess he plays so badly that I like it!

Speaking of comedy and music, check out this video of
Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody performed by the Austrian brass ensemble, Mnozil Brass:


Next, check out this video of a group singing In the Air Tonight on the Paris Metro:


No comments: